google.com, pub-3714661472593733, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Noorart

please follow us and support us

please follow us and support our
YouTube channel...this helps us to serve you better.

Labels

Search This Blog

Noorart

Sunday, October 21, 2018

Script of audio lesson 50

Instructor: This is unit 50 of ALIF Classical Arabic Audio program 2, listen to this Arabic conversation
هُو: إستَمِع إلى هَذِه المُحادَثَة
Instructor: an American woman is looking for a post office
هِي: عَفوَا ً أخِي ...... هَل تَعرِفُ أينَ مَكتَبُ البَريد ؟
هُو: بالتأكِيد... إنهُ  لَيسَ بَعيدا ً عَن هُنا .. هَل ترَيْنَه؟
هِي: لا... لَا أراهُ
هُو: إنهُ هُناك ... على اليَمين.. هَل ترَيْنهُ الأن؟
هِي : نَعَم أراه ُ ... شُكرا ً جَزيلا ً

هُو: إستَمِع مَرة أُخرى

هِي: عَفوَا ً أخِي ...... هَل تَعرِفُ أينَ مَكتَبُ البَريد ؟
هُو: بالتأكِيد... إنهُ  لَيسَ بَعيدا ً عَن هُنا .. هَل ترَيْنَه؟
هِي: لا... لَا أراهُ
هُو: إنهُ هُناك ... على اليَمين.. هَل ترَيْنهُ الأن؟
هِي : نَعَم أراه ُ ... شُكرا ً جَزيلا ً

Instructor: now you’re an American man speaking with a woman at a meeting in Damascus, she asks “where are you working now?”
هِي: أينَ تَعَملُ الأن؟
Instructor: tell her” I work for the university now”
هُو: أعمَلُ في الجَامِعَةِ الأن
هُو: قُل
Instructor: when I worked for Al-Shrouq Company before
هُو: عندما كُنت ُ أعمَلُ في شَرِكَةِ الشروقِ مِن قَبل

Instructor: my job wasn’t very interesting
هُو: عَمَلي لَم يَكُن مُمتِعا ً
Instructor: but now I work for Damascus University
هُو: لَكِن الأن أعمَلُ في جَامِعَةِ دِمَشق
Instructor: referring to a man say my friend is in Damascus University
هُو: صَديقي في جَامِعَةِ دِمَشق ..
Instructor: now I work with him
هُو: الأن أعمَل مَعَهُ
Instructor: this time I like my job a lot
هُو: هَذِهِ المَرَة أحبُ عَمَلي كَثيرا ً
Instructor: ask her "and you, where do you work?"
هُو: وأنتِ.... أينَ تَعمَلين ؟
Instructor: here’s how she says: "I’m a doctor"
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هِي: أنَا طبيبة.. طبيبة.. أنَا طبيبة
Instructor: I too work for Damascus University
هِي: أنا أعمَلُ أيضا ً في جَامِعَةِ دِمَشق
Instructor: before I worked for Beirut University
هِي: من قبل كُنت ُ أعمَلُ في جَامِعَةِ بَيرُوت
Instructor: my job was very interesting
هِي: عَمَلي كَان مُمتِعاً جِدا ً
Instructor: how did she say that she is a doctor?
هِي: أنَا طبيبة
Instructor: now it’s another day and you are out with a friend you need stamps how did she say to passerby “excuse me sir”
هِي: عَفوا ً يا سَيدي
Instructor: do you know where the post office is?
هِي: هَل تَعرِفُ أين َ مَكتَبُ البَريد؟.. مكتبُ البَريد
Instructor: the man points and says:" yes miss, it’s over there"; remember the post office is a masculine word
هُو: نَعَم يا أنِسَه .... إنّهُ هُناك
Instructor: how does he ask her do you see it?
هُو: هَل ترَيْنَهُ ؟
Instructor: how does she say “yes I see it?”
هِي: نَعَم أراه ُ
Instructor: he says it’s over there on the left
هُو: إنَه هُناكْ .... على اليَسار
Instructor: she says yes I see it now
هِي: نَعَم أراه ُ الأن
Instructor: he says the post office is over there on the left
هُو: مكتبُ البريدِ هناكَ.... على اليَسار
Instructor: it’s not far
هُو:إنَهُ لَيس بَعيدا ً
Instructor: she says yes I see it now, thank you very much
هِي: نَعَم أراه ُ الأن..شُكرا ً جَزيلا ً
Instructor: now you say that you must make a call too
هُو: لابُدّ أن أتَصِلَ أيضا ً
Instructor: try to ask if there is a telephone at the post office
هُو: هَل يُوجَدُ هاتف في مَكتَبِ البَريد ؟
Instructor: the man responds yes I think so
هُو: نَعَم أعتقدُ ذَلِك

Instructor: after she buys the stamps the clerk shows you "where the phone is" tell your friend that you don’t have the phone number
هُو: لَيس عندى رَقَمُ الهاتف
Instructor: say that you have to call to information first
هُو: لابُد أن أتَصِلَ بِالإستِعلامَاتِ أولا ً
Instructor: you try your call but it doesn’t go through, say “I have to call today”
هُو: لابُدّ أن أتَصِلَ اليَوم
Instructor: how do you say I will try again later?
هُو: سَأُحاوِلُ مَرَةً ثانيةً فيما بعد
Instructor: while travelling your wife gets sick, you go to the front desk of the hotel to find out if there is a doctor in the area
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هُو: طبيب .. طبيب
Instructor: try to say I need to see a doctor
هُو: لابُدّ أن أرى طبيباً
Instructor: do you remember how to say give me
هُو: إعطِيني
Instructor: the clerk gives you a name, here’s how to ask “can you give me”
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هُو: هَل تستطيعُ أن تَعطِيني؟ .. تَعطِيني.. هَل تستطيعُ أن تَعطِيني؟
Instructor:  a doctor’s phone number
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هُو: رَقَمُ هاتفِ الطبيب .. الطبيب.. رَقَمُ هاتفِ الطبيب
Instructor: my wife needs a doctor
هُو: زَوجِي تَحتَاجُ طبيباً
Instructor: can you give me
هُو: هَل تستطيعُ أن تَعطِيني؟.. تَعطِيني
Instructor: a phone number of a good doctor
هُو: رَقَمُ هاتفِ طبيبٍ جَيد
Instructor: she gives you a number and offers to call for you; the line is busy so how do you say I will try again later
هُو: سَأُحاوِلُ مَرَةً ثانيةَ فيما بعد  
Instructor: how do you say to her thank you very much?
هُو: شُكرا ً جَزيلا ً
Instructor: back in your room you tell your wife, here’s a doctor’s phone number, referring to a female doctor
هُو: هَذا رَقَمُ هاتفُ الطبيبة
Instructor: tell your wife I will try again later
هُو: سَأُحاوِلُ مَرَةً ثانيةَ فيما بعد  
Instructor: after consulting with the doctor how do you say to her:" thank you very much"
هُو: شُكرا ً جَزيلا ً
Instructor: on another day you’re talking to a colleague, you want to say my wife writes letters, first here how to say she writes
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هُو: تَكتُب .. تَكتُب
Instructor: do you remember the word for letter
هُو: رِساَلَة
Instructor: now here’s the word for letters
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هُو: رَسَائِل .. رَسَائِل
Instructor: now try to say my wife still writes letters
هُو: زَوجِي ما زالت تَكتُبُ رَسائِل
Instructor: she writes
هُو: هِي تَكتُب ....تكتُب
Instructor: say she still writes letters
هُو: هِي مَازَالَت تَكتُبُ رَسائِل
Instructor: here’s how to say I don’t write letters
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هُو: أنا لا أكتُبُ رَسائِل .. أكتُب
Instructor: how would she ask “you don’t write?”
هِي: أنت َ لا تَكتُب ؟ تَكتُب
هُو: أجِب
Instructor: no usually she writes to our children
هُو: لا .. عَادة ً هِي تَكتُبُ لِأولادِنا
Instructor: she asks you emphatically you never write
هِي: أنت َ لا تَكتُبُ أبدا ً ؟
Instructor: no, I never write letters
هُو: لا .. لا أكتُبُ رَسائِلاً أبدا ً
Instructor: you want to say I prefer to send e-mails, first here’s the common term for “e-mail”, which is derived from English language
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هُو: إيميل .. إيمِيل
Instructor: and here is the classic form…..which means" electronic letter"
هو: رسالة الكترونية
Instructor: here’s how to say I prefer to send electronic letters
هُو: أُفَضِلُ أن أُرسِلَ رسائلا ً إلكترونية .. أنا أُفَضِلُ أن أُُرسِلَ رسائلاً إلكترونية  
Instructor:  we may use the more common term, now say: "I prefer to send e-mails"

Instructor: now say my wife still write letters
هُو: زَوجِي مازالت تَكتُبُ رَسائِلاً
Instructor: add our children don’t live with us
هُو: أولادُنا لا يَعيشُونَ مَعنا
Instructor: she asks again: "do you write electronic letters?"
هِي: هل تَكتُبُ رَسائِلاً إلكترونية ؟
Instructor: yes, I write electronic letters only
هُو: نعم...أنا أكتُبُ رَسائِلاً إلكترونية فقط
Instructor: I prefer to send
هُو: أُفَضِلُ أن أُرسِلَ
Instructor: I prefer to send e-mails
هُو: أُفَضِلُ أن أُرسِلَ إيِميلات..
Instructor: or…..I prefer to send electronic letters
هو: أفضلُ أن أرسل َ رسائلاً إلكترونية
Instructor: she asks again you don’t write
هِي: أنت َ لا تَكتُب ؟
Instructor: no I don’t write a lot of letters
هُو: لا .. لا أكتُبُ رَسائِلاً كَثيرة
Instructor: usually I prefer to send e-mails
هُو: عَادَة ً أُفَضِلُ أن أُرسِلَ إيِميلات .
Instructor: but my wife writes a lot of letters
هُو: لَكِن زَوجِي تَكتُبُ رَسائِلاً كَثيرة
Instructor: our children don’t live with us
هُو: أولادُنا لا يَعيشُونَ مَعنا
Instructor: do you remember how to say she is twenty three
هُو: عُمرُها ثَلاثَةُ وعِشُرون عَامَا ً
هُو: الأن قُل
Instructor: our younger daughter
هُو: إبنَتُنا الصُغرى
Instructor: she is twenty three
هُو: عُمرُها ثَلاثَةُ وعِشُرون عَامَا ً
Instructor: and our older daughter, she is twenty five
هُو: وإبنَتُنا الكُبرى عُمرُها خَمسةٌ وعِشُرون عَامَا
Instructor: our son, he is twenty years old
هُو: وإبنُنا عُمرُه ُ عِشرُون عَاما َ
Instructor: he is a student, meaning a university student
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هُو: طَالِب .. طَالِب
Instructor: he is a student at the university
هُو: طَالِبٌ في الجَامِعَة
Instructor: she asks “at Damascus University”?
هِي: في جَامِعَةِ دِمَشق ؟
Instructor: no he is a student at a university in New York
هُو: لا هُو طَالِبٌ في جَامِعَةِ نِيو يُورك
Instructor: now referring to your daughters, she asks and the two girls
هِي: و البنتين ؟
Instructor: your colleague asks “is your younger daughter a student too?”
هُو : إسْتَمِع و أعِد
هِي: هل ابنتُكَ الصُغرى طَالِبَةٌ أيضا ً ؟ .. طَالِبَة .. هِي طَالِبَة .. هِي طَالِبَةٌ أيضا ً
Instructor: tell her yes she is a student
هُو: نَعَم هِي طَالِبَةٌ أيضا ً
Instructor: how does she say:" he is a student, she is a student"?
هِي: هُو طَالِبٌ وهِي طَالِبَةٌ
Instructor: the younger one is a student
هُو: الصُغرى طَالِبَة
Instructor: she is at the American university in Beirut
هُو: هِي في الجَامِعَةِ الأمريكِيةِ في بَيروُت
Instructor: and the older one?
هُو: والكُبرى؟
Instructor: do you remember how to say:"she works"
هُو: هي تَعمَل
Instructor: try to say she works for Johnson's Company
هُو: هي تعملُ في شركةِ جونسون
هُو: هِي تَعمَلُ في جونسون
Instructor: try to say she has an interesting job
هُو: عندها عَمَلٌ ممتع
Instructor: my wife still writes letters to our children
هُو: زَوجِي مازالت تَكتُبُ رَسائِلاً لِأولادِنا .. تَكتُب
Instructor: but me, I prefer to send electronic letters
هُو: لَكِن أنا.... أُفَضِلُ أن أُرسِلَ رسائلاً إلكترونية.
Instructor: say again my older daughter works for Johnson's in New York
هُو: إبنَتي الكُبرى تَعمَلُ في جونسون في نِيو يُورك
Instructor: ask your colleague:" and you, do you have children?"
هُو: وأنتِ .. هَل عندكِ أولاد ؟
Instructor: she answers yes I have a son and two daughters
هِي: نَعم عندى إبن وإبنَتين
Instructor: my son, he is ten years old
هِي: إبني عُمرُه ُ عَشرةُ سَنوات
Instructor: she says the two girls are in the university
هِي: الإبنَتان في الجَامِعَة
Instructor: the older one is a doctor
هِي: الكُبرى طبيبة

Instructor: and the younger one is a student
هِي: والصُغرى طَالِبَة
Instructor: he is ten years old
هِي: عُمرُه ُ عَشرةُ سَنوات
Instructor: referring to her daughter jokingly you ask can you give me a number of a good doctor
هُو: هَل تستطيعينَ أن تَعطيني رَقَمَ هاتفِ طبيبةٍ جَيدة ؟
Instructor: she says my son is ten years old
هِي: إبني عُمرُه ُ عَشرةُ سَنوات
Instructor: he still lives at home with me
هِي: هُو مَازال يَعيشُ في المَنزِلِ معي
Instructor: how would she say I live with him?
هِي: أنا أعِيشُ مَعَه.....أعيشُ معهُ
Instructor: now how do you say my son is a student in New York?
هِي: إبني طالِبٌ في نِيو يُورك
Instructor: and my younger daughter is a student in Beirut
هِي: وإبنَتي الصُغرى طَالِبةٌ في بَيرُوت
Instructor: she asks do you still write letters
هِي: هَل مَازلتَ تَكتُبُ رسَائِلاً ؟
Instructor: tell her no not letters I prefer to send e-mails
هُو: لا لَيَست رَسائِل..أنا أُفَضِلُ أن أُرسِلَ إيِميلات.
Instructor: but my wife still writes letters
هُو: لَكِن  زَوجِي مازالت تَكتُبُ رَسائِلاً
Instructor: usually I prefer to send e-mails
هُو: عَادَة ً أُفَضِلُ أن أُرسِلَ إيِميلات
Instructor: say that you like to send electronic letters and to call
هُو: أُفَضِلُ أن أُرسِلَ رسائلاً إلكترونية وأن أتَصِل
هُو: قُل
Instructor: my son has an interesting job in New York
هُو: إبني عندهُ عَملٌ مُمتِعٌ في نِيو يُورك
Instructor: and my daughter is with him too
هُو: وإبنَتي مَعه ُ أيضا ً
Instructor: she is a student in the university with him
هُو: هِي طَالِبَةٌ في الجَامِعَة مَعَه ُ .. هِي طَالِبَة
Instructor: how does she ask if your son likes New York?
هِي: هَل إبنُكَ يُحب ُ نِيو يُورك ؟
Instructor: tell her yes, it’s a very big city
هُو: نَعَم إنها مدينةٌ كَبِيرةٌ جداً
Instructor: referring to your son say for a student
هُو: لِطالِب
Instructor: but my daughter is with him
هُو: لَكِنَّ إبنَتي مَعَه
Instructor: my daughter works in New York too
هُو: إبنَتي تَعمَلُ في نِيو يُورك أيضا ً
Instructor: I prefer to send e-mails
هُو: أُفَضِلُ أن أُرسِلَ إيِميلات
Instructor: but I like to call sometimes
هُو: لَكِن أحبُ أن أتَصِلَ أحيانا ً
Instructor: say again my daughter works in New York too
هُو: إبنَتي تَعمَلُ في نِيو يُورك أيضا ً
Instructor: I like to send e-mails to my daughter too
هُو: أحبُ أن أرسِلَ إيمِيلات لِإبنَتي أيضا ً
Instructor: your colleague has been trying to reach her daughter on the phone; she says this evening I will try to call again
هِي: هذا المساء سَأُحاوِلُ أن أتَصِلَ مَرةً ثانية
هِي: هذا المساء سَأُحاوِلُ أن أتَصِلَ مَرةً ثانية
Instructor:  this time I have the right number
هِي: هَذِه المَرَة مَعي الرَقَمُ الصَحيح
Instructor: her daughter recently moved how would she say "but may be"
هِي: لَكِن ....ربما
Instructor: I will call to information first
هِي: سأتَصِلُ بِالإستِعلامات أولا ً
Instructor: my son still lives at home with me
هِي: مَازالَ إبني يَعيشُ في المَنزِلِ معي
Instructor: he is ten years old
هِي: عُمرُه عَشرةُ سَنوات
Instructor: now you’re at a colleague’s house. Ask your hostess “excuse me can I make a call”
هُو: عَفوا ً هَل أستطيعُ أن أتَصِل ؟
هُو: هِي تَقُول
Instructor: of course
هِي: بِالطبع

هُو: قُل
Instructor: I think I have the right number
هُو: أعتقدُ أن مَعي الرَقَمُ الصَحيح
Instructor: after trying your call you say no it was the wrong number
هُو: لا.. كَان الرَقَمَ الخَطأ

Instructor: I have to call information
هُو: لابُدّ أن أتَصِلَ بِالإستِعلامَات
Instructor: this time you miss-dial your call say it was the wrong number
هُو: لا كَان الرَقَمَ الخَطأ .. الرَقَمَ الخَطأ
Instructor:  you redial the same number one more time saying this time I have the right number
هُو: هَذِه المَرة مَعي الرَقَمُ الصَحيح
Instructor: your wife hasn’t been feeling well you want to ask your colleague if she knows a doctor in the area ask her:" can you give me the number of a good doctor?"
هُو: هَل تستطيعينَ أن تَعطيني رَقَمَ هاتفِ طبيبٍ جيد ؟
Instructor: say my wife needs a doctor
هُو: زَوجِي تَحتاجُ إلى طبيب
Instructor: can you give me the number of a good doctor
هُو: هَل تستطيعينَ أن تَعطيني رَقَمَ هاتفِ طبيبٍ جَيد ؟
Instructor: she gives you the number how do you say thank you very much
هُو: شُكرا ً جَزيلا ً


Instructor: Instructor: This is the end of unit 50 and the end of today’s lesson
This audio course works best when done consecutively and on a daily basis. For best results please continue with the next unit tomorrow.
This has been a presentation of Alif online…copyright 2010…recording copyright 2010.

All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment